Thursday, October 25, 2007

Griffin Starts Shipping Evolve Speakers

Remember those Griffin Evolve speakers we previewed, back in May? The damned things have been mocking me at every tradeshow I've been to since. Starting today, they'll begin mocking me from store shelves. I'm still waiting for the official PC Magazine review, due out soon, but every time I see the things, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be $350 poorer in the near future.
 
The Evolve ships with a base that serves as both an iPod dock and a charging station for the unit's two speakers. Once charged, the speakers can be detached from the unit and will work wirelessly up to 100 feet, through walls. They should get up to ten hours on a single charge.
 
Additional speakers can be purchased and piggy-backed onto the system, though I think the two it comes with will be more than enough to fill my tiny Queens apartment.

No comments: